Patator but what’s this ? Patator is my first experience in social gaming made in HTML5 and to be more precise, in canvas and jQuery.
So I made for this the alpha version of a canvas gaming engine.
Sure this one has to grow, and gain in frame rate performance, but I think it’s a good start to work on an open source HTML5 Gaming Framework.
For moment, Game is not avalaible on IE<9, but I think I can have a degraded but working version with flashcanvas or excanvas.
If you want to see it in action, just go here : http://apps.facebook.com/patator/
And if you’re interested to make a working group on this gaming engine please contact me :)
This message is for jQuery and Canvas gods : Don’t hesitate, I think we can build a standard for the future !!
What’s done in v0.1 :
- Facebook integration with JS and PHP support
- Multi language
- Support of scenes and objects move in Canvas or CSS3
- Support of collisions ( bugged )
What’s next :
- Best perfomance ( I think it will require a full rewrite of the JS engine :) )
- IE<9 support ( Canvas and CSS3 will be implemented in IE9 and not in fake mode )
- Support of sound ( planned with sound manager )
- Have a best time marker
Tools used :
- My own PHP Framework core
- Smarty template engine
- Facebook PHP & JS SDK
- jQuery + requireJS
- jquery facebox
- and more…